Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Great Debate




I just wanted to thank both of my Language Arts classes for the incredible debates that you conducted this week in regards to Passage to Freedom: The Sugihara Story by Ken Mochizuki.
                                              
I was so proud and amazed by your incredible reasoning, creative thinking ability, and willingness to respond respectfully, even in the "heat of battle!" :-)

Based on your reflections after this activity, we'll definitely find other ways and reasons to try to debate again this school year!  You were too good at it to pass up!  Way to go, sixth graders!

2 comments:

  1. I thought that this book was really cool because of all the courage and bravery it took to issue those visas. I wish I could say i would dp the same thing but I dont know if I could!! :)
    ~Hannah I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason i really like books about the holicoust. So this book really catched my attention!

    Anna :}
    (im weird!!)

    ReplyDelete